ColorMatic hi-speed 2K epoxy primer filler is universally applicable to all metallic surfaces such as steel, galvanized steel and aluminium. It has excellent adhesion and corrosion protection properties and adheres well to fibreglass plastics. Once dry, overcoat with polyester products (spatula). It is solvent-based with an epoxy-resin basis. Free of isocyanate.
Quality and Properties
- Excellent adhesion and corrosion protection for steel, galvanized steel and aluminium
- Adheres well to fibreglass
- Once dry, overcoat with polyester products (spatula)
- Long pot life
- Fast drying time
- Very good flow, wet-on-wet application possible
- Easy to sand - wet or dry
- Solvent resistant
- Good insulation against moisture
- Convenient 200 ml can to avoid leftover
- Simple, time-saving application
- Free of isocyanate
- Can be painted with all ColorMatic pre-fill water-based paints and solvents, 1K and 2K topcoats
Physical and Chemical Data
- Basis of binder: EP
- Colour: beige
- Smell: solvent
- Depending on consistence and colour of the ground: 200 ml are sufficient for approx. 0,6 m²
- bare metal cleaned and sanded, zinc coated metal cleaned and sanded, Aluminium cleaned and sanded, old paints cleaned and sanded, glass-fibre plastic cleanded and sanded
- Temperature resistance: to 90°C
- Storage stability:
- 24 month if appropriate storage is provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 200 ml
- VOC-value: 108,6g
- Pot life: 5 days at least
Environment and Labelling
- Environmentally sound: The products of MOTIP DUPLI are 100% free of heavy metals. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
- Disposal: Only the completely emptied cans should be put into the recycling skip or appropriate container for reclaimable refuse. Cans which are not empty should be disposed off as "special refuse".
- Marking/Labelling: All products made by MOTIP DUPLI comply with the actual labelling regulations according to Preparation Guideline 1999/45/EG. All aerosols correspond to TRGS 200 and TRG 300 as well as to aerosol guideline 75/324/EWG in the actually valid version.
- Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- Clean surface with ColorMatic silicone remover no. 174469, then sand
- Primer: one coat about 15 - 20µ
- Filler: two coats, about 60µ
- 2-3 coats, 40 to 50µ
- 2 minutes drying time between coats
- Dry (20 ° C) 8 hours or 25 minutes (60 ° C) object temperature
- Wet-on-wet recoating possible after 20 minutes drying time
- The surface has to be sanded and recoated after 7 days
Mixing A components with hardener:
- Remove the protection cap from the bottom of the can and pull the pin out fully with the help of the inserted ring. This will release the knife, which will penetrate the wall of the aluminium cartridge.
- The cartridge will then rotate 360 °, be completely open and release the hardener.
- Shake the can vigorously to mix the A components with the hardener in the proper, predetermined ratio.
- Shake can vigorously for 2 minutes
- Carry out spray test
- For professional use only
- Wear an appropriate respirator (we recommended type A2/P3)