ColorMatic 2K hi-speed primer is universally applicable to all metallic surfaces such as steel, galvanized steel and aluminium. It offers excellent adhesion and corrosion protection and is very fast drying: 1 h (20 ° C). It is perfect for sanding, wet and dry. It is also solvent resistant.
Quality and Properties
- Filler and primer at the same time
- Long pot life
- Very fast drying time
- Very good flow
- Universal applicable for polished old paintwork and metal surfaces
- Best to use 200 ml can to avoid surplus
- Simple, time-saving application
- Good adhesion to bare steel, galvanized steel and aluminium
- Recoat with ColorMatic pre-fill based paints, acrylic RAL
Physical and Chemical Data
- Basis of binder: Acrylic
- Colour: grey
- Smell: solvent
- Depending on consistance and colour of the ground: 400 ml are sufficient for 1,5 m²
- bare metal cleaned and sanded, zinc-coated metal cleaned and sanded, Aluminium cleaned and sanded, PE-Putty cleaned and sanded, plastic substrates should be pre-treated with ColorMatic 1K Plastic Adhesive
- Temperature resistance: to 80°C
- Storage stability:
- 36 month if appropriate storage is provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- 2 components aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 500 ml and 200 ml
- VOC-value: 114,2g
- Pot life:
- 24 h at least
Environment and Labelling
- Environmentally sound: The products of MOTIP DUPLI are 100% free of heavy metals. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
- Disposal: Only the completely emptied cans should be put into the recycling skip or appropriate container for reclaimable refuse. Cans which are not empty should be disposed off as "special refuse".
- Marking/Labelling: All products made by MOTIP DUPLI comply with the actual labelling regulations according to Preparation Guideline 1999/45/EG. All aerosols correspond to TRGS 200 and TRG 300 as well as to aerosol guideline 75/324/EWG in the actually valid version.
- Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- Clean surface with ColorMatic silicone remover no. 174469, then sand
- Old paintwork has to be cleaned and sanded
- 2-3 coats, 40 to 50µ
- Leave to dry for approximately three minutes between coats
- Ready to sand after about 45 min (20 ° C) or 30 min (60 ° C)
- Ready to recoat wet-on-wet after 20 minute drying time
Mixing A components with hardener:
- Remove the protection cap from the bottom of the can and pull the pin out fully with the help of the inserted ring. This will release the knife, which will penetrate the wall of the aluminium cartridge.
- The cartridge will then rotate 360 °, be completely open and release the hardener.
- Shake the can vigorously to mix the A components with the hardener in the proper, predetermined ratio.
- Shake can vigorously for 2 minutes
- Carry out spray test
- For professional use only
- Wear an appropriate respirator (recommended type A2/P3)