ColorMatic 1K primer filler is a fast-drying all-purpose 1K primer with excellent adhesion and corrosion preventive and filling properties for all metal surfaces and conventional plastics which are use in automotive. It can be welded and is re-sprayable with all standard water-based base-coats and 1K and 2K topcoat systems. It is fast drying and, depending on layer thickness, applicable both as a primer and a filler.
Quality and Properties
- 1K primer filler with very good corrosion protection properties
- Filler and primer at the same time
- For isolation of sanded surfaces
- Short drying time
- Very good flow
- Recoat with ColorMatic water-and solvent-based paints as well as 1K and 2K topcoats
Physical and Chemical Data
- Basis of binder: polyvinyl butyral
- Smell: solvent
- Eepending on consistence and colour of the ground: 400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1,0 m²
- Bare sanded through areas in 2 K filler or 2 K old paints, putty spots sanded and cleaned, roughened and cleaned factory prime coats, roughened and cleaned factory or old paint jobs and can also be used on nearly all plastics.
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
- 30-40 minutes
- The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat
- Temperature restistance: to 250°C
- Storage stability:
- 10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: Aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
- VOC-value: 168,6g
Environment and Labelling
- Environmentally sound: The products of MOTIP DUPLI are 100% free of heavy metals. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
- Disposal: Only the completely emptied cans should be put into the recycling skip or appropriate container for reclaimable refuse. Cans which are not empty should be disposed off as "special refuse".
- Marking/Labelling: All products made by MOTIP DUPLI comply with the actual labelling regulations according to Preparation Guideline 1999/45/EG. All aerosols correspond to TRGS 200 and TRG 300 as well as to aerosol guideline 75/324/EWG in the actually valid version.
- Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- Remove all rust from damaged area, clean the surface thoroughly and sand
- Damaged area must be dry and free of dust and grease
- Clean undercoat with ColorMatic silicone remover no. 174 469
- Shake the can well for 2 minutes
- Carry out spray test
- Do not overcoat with polyester products
- For professional use only
- Wear an appropriate respirator (recommended type A2/P3)
Labelling according to Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008:
General notes: (P101) If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. (P102) Keep out of reach of children. (P210) Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. (P211) Do not spray on an open flame or other ignition source. (P251) Do not pierce or burn, aven after use. (P260) Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. (P501) Dispose of contents/container to …(P410) Protect from sunlight. (P412) Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50°C/122°F.
(H222) Extremely flammable aerosol. (H229) Pressurised container: May burst if heated. (H319) Causes serious eye irritation. (H336) May cause drowsiness or dizziness. (H412) Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.