ColorMatic 2K clear coat is a extremely scratch-resistant 2-component clear coat. It is highly fuel-resistant, resistant to U.V.-rays and weather influences. Because of its very good flow and ease of polish, ColorMatic 2K clear coat is particularly suitable for spot repairs. Use ColorMatic spot blender for spot repairs. Ready-filled ColorMatic pre-fill products can be recoated once they have dried for 30 minutes. Old paintwork has to be fully dry.
Quality and Properties
- Special effect coating for tuning parts
- Spot coating for plastic parts
- Coating for plastic parts
- A high-gloss, extremely scratch-resistant 2-component clear coat – highly fuel-resistant, resistant to U.V. rays and weather influences.
- Provides gloss effect with 50 ° / 60 ° in OEM quality
- Long pot life
- Fast drying time
- Very good flow
- Convenient 200 ml can to avoid leftover
Physical and Chemical Data
- Basis of binder: Acrylic
- Colour: transparent
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss: (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530)
- satin gloss: ca. 30 gloss units
- epending on consistence and colour of the ground:
- 200 ml are sufficient for approx. 0,3 - 0,4 m²
- solvent- and water-based base coats
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
- Dust-dry: after approx. 5 minutes
- Dry to touch: after approx. 5 hours
- The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature resistance: to 120°C
- Storage stability:
- 36 month if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- 2 components aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 200 ml
- VOC-value: 123,5g
- 24 hours at room temperature (20 - 25°C)
- 5 days at cool storage (6°C)
- Befor using again warm up to room temperature (20 - 25°C).
- See using instruction.
Environment and Labelling
- Environmentally sound: The products of MOTIP DUPLI are 100% free of heavy metals. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
- Disposal: Only the completely emptied cans should be put into the recycling skip or appropriate container for reclaimable refuse. Cans which are not empty should be disposed off as "special refuse".
- Marking/Labelling: All products made by MOTIP DUPLI comply with the actual labelling regulations according to Preparation Guideline 1999/45/EG. All aerosols correspond to TRGS 200 and TRG 300 as well as to aerosol guideline 75/324/EWG in the actually valid version.
- Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- Base coatings can be coated ColorMatic 2K hi-speed clear coat silk
- once they have dried for 30 minutes
- 2-3 full coats, 50µ
- Leave to dry for 2 minutes between coats
Mixing A components with hardener:
- Remove the protection cap from the bottom of the can and pull the pin out fully with the help of the inserted ring. This will release the knife, which will penetrate the wall of the aluminium cartridge.
- The cartridge will then rotate 360 °, be completely open and release the hardener.
- Shake the can vigorously to mix the A components with the hardener in the proper, predetermined ratio.
- Shake can vigorously for 2 minutes
- Carry out spray tests
- Pot life: 24 hours (20 ° C)
Ready-to-use coating materials containing isocyanates can irritate the respiratory system and cause allergic reactions. There is a risk of sensitization with inhalation of vapours and spray mist. When dealing with substances containing isocyanates, you should observe all guidelines for using solvent-based coatings. In particular, spray mist and vapours should not be inhaled. Allergy and asthma sufferers and people who are prone to respiratory diseases should not work with isocyanates materials.• For professional use only• Wear an appropriate respirator (recommended type A2/P3)